The post-conference masterclass provide attendees with morning and afternoon tea breaks and a 1-hour lunch break allowing for extra networking opportunities and in-depth learning.
The masterclasses start at 09:00 and finish at 17:00.
In an era marked by increasing environmental awareness and regulatory scrutiny, sustainability reporting has become a critical practice for organisations in Australia. Accurate and transparent sustainability reporting not only demonstrates a company's commitment to environmental responsibility, but also fosters trust among stakeholders, shareholders, investors and consumers.
This one-day masterclass on sustainability reporting is specifically designed for those in a management, team leader, head or senior role who are tasked with getting the practices, procedures and details right for their organisation’s sustainability reporting.
Attendees will leave equipped with the necessary strategies and skills to meet all regulatory requirements and stakeholder expectations related to sustainability reporting as they explore:
The fundamentals of sustainability reporting
- Deep dive into Australian reporting guidelines and regulations
- Navigating global frameworks in the Australian context
Creating metrics and collecting and managing sustainability data
- Creating metrics to enable effective reporting
- Data collection methodologies and sources
- Data validation, verification, and quality assurance
Reporting frameworks and guidelines in Australia
- Aligning your reporting to your business strategies
- Compliance, disclosure requirements, and best practices
- Structuring your report to meet all necessary requirements
Communicating your sustainability story
- Crafting an engaging and informative sustainability report
- Engaging stakeholders through compelling narratives and visuals
- Strategies for transparency and accountability
Future trends and Sustainability reporting challenges
- Emerging trends in sustainability reporting
- Anticipating and addressing reporting challenges
By the end of the masterclass, attendees will leave with a comprehensive understanding of sustainability reporting and all the knowledge and skills they need to elevate their sustainability reporting practices, minimise risk, foster stakeholder trust, and contribute to a more sustainable and responsible future for their organisation and the environment.
Executive Director | Adjunct Professor, Energy Initiative
Oakley Greenwood | University of Queensland